Friday, April 4, 2008

Reflection on the course that has concluded, but not the last you’d hear from me

Form-filling...

SCLP-related

What were some major changes to my SCLP?

The removal of our introductory video and changes to our web header image.

Why did those changes take place?

To prevent ourselves from inadvertently distributing copyrighted material.

How did I contribute to my group's SCLP?

Some project ideas. Did the website (using edublogs' templates) and its header (using GIMP), the spliced introductory video and the titles on the demonstration video (using misbehaving Windows Movie Maker), flubbed role-play in one-half of the demo, the links and anchors on the pages... and I forgot or rather never bothered to test our page on Internet Explorer all this while! The change has been made on our online site for progeny... but in line with my personal policy, all pages, SCLP or not, should be best viewed in Firefox. Get IE tab to resolve IE/FF conflicts.

What did I learn as a result of creating an SCLP?

I revisited  Scrapbook with joy. Actually, Guilian did help clarify a lot of my ideas on scaffolding and the assessment process. So yes, I think one of the strengths of our SCLP is the excellent scaffolding. Yay. And of course, lots of practice with Google Docs, GIMP, html and pretending to be a student.

What did I learn from QED522? (What was the first thing that popped into my mind?)

I've wanted to raise this question for sometime now... but I always thought Dr. Black was the one killed, and Colonel Mustard... he's just one of the usual suspects.

Student-centered learning will not kill the teacher. I actually think it gives teachers more room to play and students more motivation to learn. From the mercenary point of view, I have learned pedagogical approaches and received/created opportunities to polish rusty ICT skills, so my list of skills has expanded.

I  am still thinking unashamedly about free laptops...

No comments: