In an earlier article, I listed a few free Digital Art options that have very basic options only. Here are some free advanced image editing tools that you can use in the absence of Adobe Creative Suite.
GIMP: GNU Image Manipulation Program
I first came across this probably a year or two ago, but I never got down to trying it because the installation package was not as user-friendly as it is now. As far as I can remember, you used to have to install something else apart from GIMP and do several other things before you can setting up GIMP proper.
This is a fairly full-featured image editing software, but I have not got down to testing it though. Reviews however are rather positive. (Download.com editors and users respectively rated it 5/5 and 4/5).
Paint.NET
"Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools."
The unlimited undo feature looks like its greatest affordance. Adobe Photoshop has a History palette that by default stores 20 states (i.e. you can go up to 20 steps backwards by clicking on any state or snapshot in the palette). Although technically speaking you could increase the number of History states to 1000, the maximum, it will take a serious toll on your system resources. I have yet to test this as well.
Photobucket
If you only need quick fixes for blemishes and wrinkles, just use the image editor on this free online image hosting tool. Works like the "Healing Brush" in Photoshop.
Reference:
Top 8 Free Photo Editors for Windows
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment