Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Email etiquette…

Not that I am always correct and polite, but here are some common examples of bad email etiquette:

-Replying to queries with "Hi" without addressing the other party (it's too informal, impersonal, and impolite). I just got a reply like this to my query regarding the recent PBP. It does not help that the reply is vague and ignores what I said as well. This is what I hate about writing to a email address like ***_RU_*** - sometimes you get good and clear replies, sometimes you don't.

- CC-ing the entire school when a message only concerns PD tutors of level X/CCA or whatever ICs. Not recommended, but always advised and done. Why? For the purpose of cover, if you like, as Just Follow Law states it. Another example: why does one teacher's email about a spoilt school laptop have to be CC-ed to at least 2 HODs on top of the TAs?

I really think I am very cynical and critical of late. The most productive and destructive time to blog. Does this even fit edublogging? Perhaps not.

No comments: